How Stitches n Scraps collects information
Stitches n Scraps may collect personal and non-personal identification information when users visit the site, leave a comment, enter a giveaway, fill out a form, and/or in connection with other activities, services, or features. This information may include but is not limited to name, email address, IP address, location and device information. The site also may use “cookies” or similar technologies to collect and store information.
When you purchase from the shop, Stitches n Scraps will also ask you for information to complete the transaction, such as your name, billing address, delivery address, e-mail address, phone number, and payment details.
How Stitches n Scraps stores collected information
Stitches n Scraps uses a third-party hosting provider. This means that user information collected by Stitches n Scraps may be stored and processed on third party servers within the US and/or in other countries. Other third-party advertisers and service providers may also store and process some of the information for specific purposes outlined below.
How Stitches n Scraps uses collected information
Stitches n Scraps, in connection with third-party services, may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide a personalized experience in the shop (For example: to remember products you’ve viewed or ordered, calculate shipping costs and taxes, etc).
- To fulfill orders, including shipping and billing requirements.
- To respond to customer service requests and support needs. This includes using the provided email address to respond to questions or comments.
- To administer promotions, surveys, contests, and other features
- To provide targeted advertisements
- To analyze and improve the site, products, and services.
- For email communication through an opt-in mailing list
Sharing your personal information
Stitches n Scraps does not sell users personal identification information to others. We may share aggregated information regarding user activity with our business partners, advertisers, and affiliates for the purposes listed above. We also use third party service providers to help administer activities on our behalf, such as processing payments, printing shipping labels, sending out newsletters or running giveaways. When users provide information for those activities, they are giving us permission to share that information with those third parties.
When leaving a comment on Stitches n Scraps, you will be asked to enter your name and email address. This is to help prevent spam comments. Your name will be displayed with the comment, but your email address will not. If you prefer not to display your real name, using a nickname or pseudonyms is perfectly OK. You will also see an option to save your information for future comments – this function uses a cookie to store the information on your browser.
Third Party Services
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising: The 3rd party ads appearing on the site are delivered by Mediavine. Mediavine and its partners use information collected by cookies to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements. For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here
Third Party Content:
There is advertising and other content on the site that links to our partners, advertisers, sponsors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links on these sites and are not responsible for the practices of those sites. Interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Stitches n Scraps services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through this site or related services. We encourage parents/guardians to monitor their children’s internet usage and to instruct children never to provide personal data on sites or services without parent/guardian permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us, please contact us immediately at Privacy@StitchesnScraps.com. If we become aware of personal information provided by a child under 13, we will make our best effort to remove it as quickly as possible.
For California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California residents have the right to:
- Opt-out of the “sale” of personal information to third parties. Under California law, sharing of your information with a third party for advertising purposes (such as personalized ads) could be considered a “sale.” To opt-out of the sharing of this information for advertising purposes, click the “do not share my information” button on the left side of the screen.
- Request deletion of your personal information, except where retaining the information is necessary for specific business purposes (e.g. for legal reasons or functionality-related issues, among others). To make such a request, please contact us at Privacy@StitchesnScraps.com
- Non-Discrimination. Stitches n Scraps will not discriminate against you in any way for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using the site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use the site. Your continued use of the site after any changes to this policy are posted will signify your acceptance of those changes.
You may have the right to request copies of personal information we have about you, and to update or delete that information. Please note that we may need to retain certain information (including logs of these requests) for recordkeeping purposes or to comply with applicable laws.
This document was last updated on July 27th, 2021